The City of Amarillo’s Public Communication and Community Engagement office is looking for talented photographers to showcase Amarillo and is now accepting submissions for photos to be featured on the City of Amarillo’s main website. In November of 2017, the City unveiled a redesigned website which has a large image on the homepage – amarillo.gov – which will be used to highlight local artists’ photographs and Amarillo culture. Photos may be submitted by anyone, with guardian’s approval for those under the age of 18.
New photos will be selected by an internal committee every month.
- All skill levels of photographers are encouraged to submit their work
- Photo committee selectors and judges are not allowed to enter the contest
- Entries may have been taken from any camera, film (as scanned slides), or digital
- Each photo should include a short description to explain how the image captures the “Amarillo spirit”
- Post processing images is allowed. This includes global adjustments to exposure, contrast, burning, dodging, cropping, sharpening, noise reduction, and tone. Minor cleaning of images is permitted, including the removal of backscatter, dust and scratches. HDR, panoramas, focus stacking or other techniques that involve using multiple images taken at the same time and place are also allowed.
- Entries must be saved in JPEG or PNG format and should be sized to be approximately 1920 W X 604 H pixels.
Those photos selected for the website will include credit to the photographer along with being featured via City of Amarillo social media including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Submissions should attempt to embody what Amarillo “means” to the photographer and surrounding area. This free and open photo contest seeks to inspire the creation and dissemination of positive imagery which conveys the beauty, importance, and life of Amarillo.
Photographers retain all copyrights to their images. The City of Amarillo retains the right to publish the entries in any format to congratulate or feature the winners and their respective images. Selected images may be included in City of Amarillo social media posts in the context of congratulating and/or featuring the images.
Anyone with questions about the photo submissions should contact the Public Communications and Community Engagement office at (806) 378-5219 or email@example.com.