The City Secretary Department responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the permanent records of all City ordinances, resolutions, contract files, and land files of property purchased and sold by the City.
- Conducts all municipal elections.
- Assists the City Manager in preparing agendas for the City Council meetings and prepares minutes of the City Council meetings each week.
- Provides secretarial assistance to the Mayor, City Council, City Manager, and Assistant City Managers as needed.
- Maintains the terms of all board members appointed to serve on City boards and commissions.
- Prepares proclamations, resolutions and other official documents.
- Also serves as the Records Management Coordinator for the City and is responsible for the Records Management Program including implementation of the electronic document imaging and record retention system. This includes assisting all City departments with record retention and imaging matters and assisting the departments in maintaining compliance with federal and state record retention laws.