Welcome to the Amarillo Police Department Traffic Accident Reporting System. If this is an Emergency, please call 911. Using this system allows you to complete a traffic accident report and print a copy of it for free. Please answer the following questions to find out if the Traffic Accident Reporting System is right for you:
1. Is this an Emergency?
2. Are there any injuries?
3. Is this a hit and run WITH information regarding the identification of the other driver or vehicle involved?(Identifiable vehicle parts left at the scene, complete license plate information, driver/owner information available from a witness, etc.)
4. Does the accident involve a drunk driver?
5. Is a wrecker required?
6. Are there more than two vehicles involved?
7. Did this incident occur outside the Amarillo City limits?
If you answered, "No" to all of the above questions, you are ready to complete your report. If you answered, "Yes" to question # 1, call 911 to report the matter. If you answered, "Yes" to any of the questions, # 2 through # 6, please call the non-emergency line # 806-378-3038 to report the matter. If you answered, “Yes” to question # 7, please call the law enforcement agency for that city or county where the accident took place to report the matter.
Upon completion of this process you will:
- Be able to print a copy of the report to keep for your records
- Print a copy of the report to be mailed to the address indicated on the instruction page.
Questions? Call Amarillo Police Department at 806-378-3038 or Texas Department of Transportation at 512-486-5780.
To begin the process please click on the link below: