Captain Jimmy Johnson is the commander over the Uniform Division. The Uniform Division is located on the 6th floor of the Police Department Building.
The Uniform Patrol Division is the largest division in the Amarillo Police Department with well over half of all police officers assigned to the Division. The patrol officers respond to calls for service from the public and conduct the preliminary investigation of all incidents. The Uniform Patrol Division includes the following squads:
- 1st Watch: Uniformed patrol officers working from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- 2nd Watch: Uniformed patrol officers working from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 3rd Watch: Uniformed patrol officers working from 3 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- PACE (Pro–Active Criminal Enforcement): These officers are assigned to address recurring problem areas and to actively look for persons who are repeat offenders and/or who have active warrants for their arrest. They are dedicated to working in partnership with other law enforcement agencies and divisions within the Police Department to solve or reduce problems that affect the quality of life in our community. PACE officers' hours vary with the need for their service.
- NPO (Neighborhood Patrol Officers Unit): NPO Unit officers are assigned in pairs to five different areas of Amarillo. The officers maintain a satellite office in their designated areas, respond to calls in those areas, and work to foster a cooperative relationship between the APD and citizens through community contact. These officers may work from a patrol unit, on foot, or on a bicycle as part of their effort to stay in close contact with the citizens. Their hours vary with assignments.
- CIT (Crisis Intervention Team): The Amarillo Police Department Crisis Intervention Team (C.I.T.) program is a police initiative designed to improve the way law enforcement and the community respond to people experiencing mental health crises. The program is designed to provide high level crisis intervention training that increases public safety through a better police response to persons in mental health crisis.
- Motorcycle Squad: Uniformed officers whose primary responsibility is traffic law enforcement.
- Parking Enforcement: a civilian employee who enforces parking restrictions, primarily in the downtown area.
- Handicapped Parking Patrol: civilian volunteers who enforce handicapped parking violations in Amarillo.
Each Uniform Division Watch is under the command of a lieutenant, who supervises sergeants that directly supervise patrol officers assigned to a particular area of the city.
A sergeant supervises the Motorcycle Squad and Parking Enforcement patrols.
Uniform Patrol Contact Information
To request an officer contact dispatch at: (806) 378-3038
- Division Commander - Captain: (806) 378-4255
- 1st Shift Patrol
- Lieutenant: (806) 378-6184
- Sergeants: (806) 378-6124
- 2nd Shift Patrol
- Lieutenant: (806) 378-4028
- Sergeants: (806) 378-6163
- 3rd Shift Patrol
- Lieutenant: (806) 378-6183
Sergeants: (806) 378-6125
PACE (ProActive Criminal Enforcement) - Sergeant: (806) 378-9304
- Motorcycle Squad-Sergeant: (806)-418-6212
- Parking Enforcement - Sergeant: (806) 378-6143
- Handicapped Parking Patrol - Sergeant: (806) 378-6143