Captain Tam Boatler is the Detective Division Commander. The Detective Division is located on the 3rd floor of the Police Building.
Detectives are responsible for the follow-up investigation of the majority of criminal cases occurring inside the City of Amarillo.
Investigations of cases involving adult suspects (offenders aged 17 and older) are assigned to different units, according to the nature of the crime.
- The Special Victims Unit investigates crimes against children and sex offenses. This unit also administers the Department’s Sex Offender Registration Program.
- The Robbery Unit investigates robberies and assaults.
- The Domestic Violence Unit investigates assaults and other crimes involving domestic partners.
- The Burglary/Theft Unit investigates residential and business burglaries as well as thefts and vandalisms. This unit DOES NOT INVESTIGATE AUTO THEFTS.
- The White-Collar Unit investigates financial crimes and identity theft.
- The Juvenile Offender investigates criminal offenses and status offenses involving offenders under the age of 17.
- The School Liaison Unit consists of officers to work in conjunction with the local school districts in an effort to promote school safety and investigate crimes that occur on campus.
- The Traffic Investigation Unit investigates DWI cases, hit and run crashes, fatal crashes, and other traffic related incidents.
- The Panhandle Auto Burglary and Theft Unit was started Sept. 1, 2015 through a grant obtained by the 47th County District Attorney’s office. The “PABTU” unit consists of investigators from PCSO, RCSO, DPS, and APD. The unit investigates stolen auto cases. Public service programs and education are offered to help reduce auto theft and auto burglary.
Contacts for the Detective Division
|Administrative Assistants-Detective Division|
|Administrative Assistant Grace Robinson||(806) 378-4251|
|Administrative Assistant Melissa Davis||(806) 378-4262|
|Administrative Assistant Dee Rhodes||(806) 378-9402|
|Administrative Assistant Maureen Stagner||(806) 378-4258|
|Administrative Assistant for Traffic Investigations Squad-Shanean Graham||(806) 378-4250|
|Ms. S. Valencia||(806) 378-6107|
|Capt. Tam Boatler||(806) 378-4269|
|General Investigations Unit Lieutenant (Traffic Investigation, Pawn Shop Detail, Civilian Investigators, Juvenile Offender Squad, and School Liaison)|
|Lt. T. Callahan||(806) 378-9440|
|Special Victims Unit|
|Lt. S. Chappell||(806) 378-9411|
|Lt. W. Pennington||(806) 378-5237|
|Lt. J. Krizan||(806) 378-4243|
|White Collar Crimes Unit|
|Lt. B. Hadley||(806) 378-9403|
|Domestic Violence Unit|
|Lt. Dustin Ponder||(806) 378-6135|
|Aubree McDonald-Domestic Violence High Risk Coordinator||(806) 378-9412|
|Panhandle Auto Burglary and Theft Unit|
| Ben Landrum, Commander
|Lt. J. Krizan||(806) 378-5247|
Forms/Files/Texas DPS Sex Offender Database
(Applications, Forms, Documents or Links for public use)