Welcome to the Amarillo Police Department Traffic Accident Reporting System. If this is an Emergency, please call 911. Using this system allows you to complete a traffic accident report and print a copy of it for free. Please answer the following questions to find out if the Traffic Accident Reporting System is right for you:
1. Is this an Emergency?
2. Are there any injuries?
3. Did anyone leave the accident scene without providing their driver, vehicle, and insurance information to you?
4. Does the accident involve a drunk driver?
5. Is a wrecker required?
6. Are there more than two vehicles involved?
7. Is there damage to property other than vehicles in excess of $1,000 or the owner of the property cannot be located?
8. Did this incident occur outside the Amarillo City limits?
If you answered, "No" to all of the above questions, you are ready to complete your report. If you answered, "Yes" to question # 1, call 911 to report the matter. If you answered, "Yes" to any of the questions, # 2 through # 7, please call the non-emergency line # 806-378-3038 to report the matter. If you answered, “Yes” to question # 8, please call the law enforcement agency for that city or county where the accident took place to report the matter.
Upon completion of this process you will:
◾Be able to print a copy of the report to keep for your records
◾Print a copy of the report for your insurance company
Questions? Call Amarillo Police Department # 806-378-3038 or Texas Department of Transportation # 512-486-5780
To begin the process please click on the link below. (If you are using the internet browser "Chrome" you may have to switch browsers to read and print the form:
Traffic Accident Reporting Form
"Filing a false police report is a crime and violators will be prosecuted"