To ensure accuracy in our billing process, meters are used to measure water consumption for each account in our system.
Calculating the billing statement
- The meters are read monthly to determine how much water each customer used during the month.
- The volume of water used and a fixed monthly service charge based on meter size is the basis for calculating the water and sewer portions of the monthly bill.
- A solid waste collection and disposal charge also appears on each bill. Residential charges are based on the type of residence. For example: single family, two or three family residences with one meter, and others.
- A monthly bill with the minimum meter service charge and solid waste collection fee will be sent and is due even if there is no water consumption.
Reading the meter
- Tim Cessnum demonstrates how meter readers read the meters.
Commercial rates are based on the size, type and number of solid waste containers along with the frequency of pickup.