The Street Division's three types of pavement repairs for asphalt streets and alleys are categorized according to the size and complexity of the repair.
- Generally ranges from 9 to 25 square feet in size
- Requires no sub-grade repair under the pavement surface
- Two patch trucks are assigned to patching potholes in streets and alleys
- Patching process ordinarily takes 20-30 minutes to complete
- In 2016, repaired approximately 7,400 potholes in streets and alleys.
- Generally ranges from 25 to 200 square feet in size
- Requires some repair to the sub-grade under the pavement surface
- Heavy equipment required to excavate existing pavement
- Two minor asphalt repair crews assigned to streets and alleys
- Repair process ordinarily takes 3-8 hours to complete.
- Well over 200 square feet in size
- Requires sub-grade repair (port-land cement stabilization)
- New asphalt surface placed on grade to improve drainage
- Two major repair crews (one assigned to streets and one assigned to alleys)
- Repair process ordinarily takes 2-10 working days to complete
Due to traffic volume and speed, all repairs are prioritized in the following order:
- Arterial Streets
- Collector Streets
- Residential Streets
REPORT A PROBLEM
To report a pothole of request a pavement repair in a street or alley, please contact the Street Division at 806-378-6815