Clients receive individual nutrition counseling and nutrition classes/carnivals. Some of the topics clients can learn about include:
- Eating healthfully during pregnancy for mom and baby
- Infant and child nutrition – healthy foods for happy children, picky eaters, watching your child’s weight, and lots more
- How to get the most out of your food dollars
- Valuable parenting skills
- Stages of child development
- Tips for pregnant teens
- Common infant problems, such as colic, constipation, and crying
- Breastfeeding information and breastfeeding support/education
- Food preservation and canning
- Gardening skills - garden to table - growing and preparing nutritious vegetables
Participants can complete WIC classes on-line.
1.Go to the website. http://www.texaswic.org/
2. Select English or Spanish
3. Click on “WIC Class”
4. Read the screen and decide if you would like to login with your email address.
5. Click on the name of the class you would like to complete and follow the directions. You only need to complete 1 class to get credit.
6. After completing the class either print and bring the certificate, or write the class title, certificate number, and date and time completed on a piece of paper.
7. Call the WIC Clinic at 806-371-1119 to schedule an appointment to bring in your certificate or the information from the certificate. Your WIC card will be loaded with benefits at the time of your appointment.