Public Meetings Scheduled for Curbside Cart Program
City of Amarillo Public Works Department will host a series of public meetings in December to inform residents of the new curbside cart program, which will be rolled out to 12,000 homes beginning in January.
The program will be implemented in three phases, and will utilize a technologically-advanced waste collection system designed to keep neighborhoods clean while decreasing the City’s overall trash disposal cost.
Customers selected to participate in the curbside cart program currently have hand-collected curbside trash or front yard dumpsters. Neighborhoods with dead-end or unclear alleyways will also participate.
The Public Works department will host five informational meetings the first two weeks of December:
- Monday, Dec. 3 at 6 p.m., Pleasant Valley Elementary, 4413 River Road
- Tuesday, Dec. 4 at 6 p.m., Avondale Elementary School, 1500 S. Avondale
- Thursday, Dec. 6 at 6 p.m., Lamar Elementary School, 3800 S. Lipscomb
- Wednesday, Dec. 12 at 6 p.m., Bivins Elementary School, 1500 S. Fannin
- Thursday, Dec. 13 at 6 p.m., Hillside Christian Church, 3508 N.E. 24th Ave.
For more information contact City of Amarillo Communications Manager Dave Henry at (806) 378-5219 or by email at David.Henry@amarillo.gov