Parks & Recreation Plan Approved
Amarillo City Council approved Tuesday an Asset Management Plan for Parks and Recreation.
Kayuga Solution will assist Parks and Recreation with the development of the proactive plan, which will include an assessment of all of the department’s physical assets, such as city park facilities, trails/sidewalks, splash pads and athletic fields.
The plan is expected to be completed in August 2019, and will help in the development of an updated Park Master Plan.
The goals of the Asset Management Plan are:
• To gain a better understanding of the current state of assets and future needs.
• To proactively identify asset replacement and rehabilitation needs and plan budget and resources accordingly.
• To understand the probability and consequence of failure of each asset so that the department can manage high risk assets before failure.
• To minimize the life-cycle cost by incorporating the latest technological advances to develop efficient and effective asset preservation and restoration strategies.
• To develop a consistent and defendable methodology for prioritizing work and budget expenditures.
• To focus on a high benefit-to-cost ratio to ensure the budget is spent in the right place, for the right reason, at the right time and at the right cost.
For more information contact City of Amarillo Communications Manager Dave Henry at (806) 378-5219 or by email at David.Henry@amarillo.gov.