Master Plan Project Guidelines
The Master Plan Program is an excellent opportunity for contractors who build the same model of homes a number of times. This program reduces the plan review turnaround time to 3-5 business days once the Master Plan has been approved. To participate in this program, your plan must meet all of the following conditions:
- Single or two-family dwelling or townhouse
- Located on an approved platted lot
- Same floor plan(s) or flip(s)with same elevations will be used multiple times
To enjoy the best customer service possible when applying for a master plan review please provide the following for initial review:
- Completed Master Plan Application for each Model located within the project folder
- Number, Letter or name of the master plan
- Number, Letter or name of the elevation for each floor plan
- Complete, code compliant plans as listed on the Residential New Submittal Checklist
- Plans must NOT be stamped/labeled “Not for Construction”, “Preliminary Plans Only”, or any other variation; all plans MUST be for construction documents.
- Plans must include any engineer/ architectural stamps as required for construction (wet seal not required)
- Separate submittals for flips or mirrors
- Wind bracing calculations
- No options will be allowed
- Exception: Fireplace options will be submitted showing all installation details including type, location and manufacture’s details (if applicable); this option can be removed prior to permitting (see disclaimer)
- Each model must be submitted in the following format:
- Each plan page must be a separate PDF, labeled with the contents (i.e. A1.0 Cover Sheet or A2.1 Floor Plan)
- Documents listed as more than one page (i.e. Wind bracing calculations, Energy Code Compliance, RESchecks) may remain as a multi-page document.
- List each of these files in a file folder with the same name/number of the master plan
NOTE: Please be sure ALL documents provided are in PDF format and are NOT combined into one single PDF. We are unable to open any electronic media that is not in PDF format. We will request a re-submittal if either of these conditions are not met.
Once the intial master plan application has been reviewed and the plans have been approved a site specific project application can be turned in. Each submittal will be required to include the following:
- A completed building permit application
- A site plan for the current lot including all dimensions and setbacks, required off-street parking, and elevations
- A web soil survey for the area (if plans do not include an sealed foundation and detail)
Projects will be issued within 3-5 business days of receipt after the initial review has been performed
Disclaimer: All plans must be site specific. ANY changes or revisions will cause the project to halt and a complete new set of plans must be submitted and reviewed before the project can continue. Permits cannot be issued until all plat or required floodplain information has been approved. Please allow up to 2-3 weeks for the initial master plan review to be completed. Plans will be subject to re-review following any code update or adoption. All work is subject to field inspection. All plan sets with fireplace options will be reviewed as if a fireplace is to be installed unless otherwise indicated on the site specific application.
Amarillo Economic Development Corporation Board of Directors
- Date: 05/21/2019 9:00 AM
- Location: Amarillo EDC Offices
801 S Fillmore Ste 205
Amarillo, Texas 79101