We investigate reports of communicable diseases that are required by law to be reported to the Public Health Department and monitor those reports for outbreaks. The main goal is to slow the transmission of disease, provide education and ensure patients and contacts receive any necessary treatment.
- Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
What services do you offer?
- Reportable Disease Investigation
- Free Lice Checks
- Community Education
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- General Disease Information
- Flu Surveillance (for providers)
- Flu Reports
- Required Disease Reporting
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Laurie Burton, BSN, RN - Communicable Disease Program Manager 806-378-6321
Kathy Camacho - Communicable Disease Clerk 806-378-6341
Kirstin Williams, MPH - Epidemiologist 806-378-6353
1000 Martin Road, Amarillo, TX 79107
24 Hour Emergency Number: 806-680-8980
Please "Like" our Facebook page for more health information.