Clients receive individual nutrition counseling and nutrition classes/carnivals. Some of the topics clients can learn about include:
- Eating healthfully during pregnancy for mom and baby
- Infant and child nutrition – healthy foods for happy children, picky eaters, watching your child’s weight, and lots more
- How to get the most out of your food dollars
- Valuable parenting skills
- Stages of child development
- Tips for pregnant teens
- Common infant problems, such as colic, constipation, and crying
- Breastfeeding information and breastfeeding support/education
Participants can complete WIC classes on-line.
- Go to the website
- Select English or Spanish
- Click on “WIC Class”
- Read the screen and decide if you would like to login with your email address.
- Click on the name of the class you would like to complete and follow the directions. You only need to complete 1 class to get credit.
- After completing the class either print and bring the certificate or write the class title, certificate number, and date and time completed on a piece of paper.
- Call the WIC Clinic at 806-371-1119 to schedule an appointment to bring in your certificate or the information from the certificate. Your WIC card will be loaded with benefits at the time of your appointment.