The Community Relations Office was established to serve as the primary contact for all media inquiries and to organize, plan, prepare and coordinate the dissemination of marketing and promotions, news, press releases and other community resource information which originates by and from the City of Amarillo, excluding the Amarillo Police and Fire Department.
Other duties performed by the Community Relations Office are:
- Communicates with the general public, the business community and the news media to provide information regarding City operations, programs, services, policies and procedures.
- Serves as the initial City contact person for all media inquiries, along with select public or community resident inquiries, questions and complaints about City issues, operations, programs and services.
- Writes, edits, prepares, assists and coordinates the publication and dissemination of in-house City marketing and promotional material, organizational, training and professional development information, employee newsletters and resource and community relations materials and information, both in written and electronic form.
- Assists in the on going presentation, development, operation and improvement of the City’s Internet Website.
- Plans, organizes, directs and coordinates City community service projects.
- Serves as a member of the City’s Public Information team in emergency events affecting the City, in compliance with Annex I, Emergency Public Information, of the Amarillo/Potter/Randall Emergency Operations Plan